Eshanxi-lvliang

You are here 首页 > Scenic Spots

​Ancient City Ruins of Fangshan Village

Time:2022-06-01 15:16:10

Source:Eshanxi-English

The ruins are located in Fangshan Village, Jicui Township, Fangshan County. Facing the southeast, the ruinsare about 530 meters long from east to west, 500 meters wide from north to south, covering an area of about 260,000 square meters. According to the General Annals of Shanxi published under the reign of Emperor Guangxu in Qing Dynasty, the city was intermittently under the jurisdiction of Fangshan County from A.D. 1213 to A.D. 1264, and under the jurisdiction of Fangshan Fort Patrol Division during Ming and Qing dynasties, and returned to the jurisdiction of Fangshan County during the Republic of China period. The remaining part of the city wall on peripheral edges of the city ruins in the west, south and north is 1026 meters long, 4.3-7.8 meters high, 7.6-7.8 meters wide at the bottom and 4.2-4.7 meters wide at the top. There are four existing observation towers built at intervals inside the wall and integrated with the wall, all of which are made of rammed earth, with a rammed layer thickness of about 0.05 to 0.09 meters. There is a city gate on the southwestern edge of the city ruins. The city ruins wereselected into the first batch of municipal-level cultural relic protection units by the People's Government of Lvliang City in 2006.

Eshanxi-lvliang