Eshanxi-lvliang

You are here 首页 > Scenic Spots

​Zhenwu Taoist Temple of Wudang Village

Time:2022-06-01 15:19:18

Source:Eshanxi-English

Zhenwu Taoist Temple of Wudang Village is located in Wudang Village, Beiwudang Town, Fangshan County. Facing the southwest, the temple covers an area of 608 square meters. According to the records of the steles and stone tablets in the temple, the temple was first built in Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and was repaired many times in Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). The existing main structure is the remains of Qing Dynasty. It was originally in a two-courtyard layout, but the first courtyard was destroyed. The second gate and the main hall are distributed in order from west to east on the central axis of the second courtyard, while meditation rooms are arranged on the north and south sides respectively. The main hall is a two-storey building of masonry-timber structure. The first storey is an abstinence hall, where 7 brick-built cave dwellings are embedded, with overhanging eaves and bucket arches carved from bricks installed above the gates. The second storey is nine bays wide, and six rafters deep, with a single-eave gable roof and seven protruding purlins supporting the eaves of front colonnade, where the bucket arches on the columns and architraves are all composed of one bracket set and two blocks with cross mortises, the center bay and two smaller side bays are provided with four lattice doors, and two side bays and four outermost bays are all provided with windows. The area of existing murals in the hall is 50 square meters. The temple now houses 10 steles and 1 stone tablet from Qing Dynasty. The Zhenwu Taoist Temple of Wudang Village was selected into the first batch of municipal-level cultural relic protection units by the People's Government of Lvliang City in 2006.

Eshanxi-lvliang